Monday, September 19, 2005

Poddy Training

I'm going through poddy training. Or my iPod is, because it WIPED itself clean. Everything gone, *poof* just like that. No formalities or emotional goodbyes, just gone. Gone.

I don't know if the problem was in iTunes or in the iPod, but I got a little pop-up warning about iTunes.exe being corrupt (even though iTunes was still working). While we were out this weekend, when we started our trip, it was fine, but the next day I couldn't get the thing to access any menus. I could fwd or go to previous songs in the list, but that was it (of course, stuck in my son's playlist). There was the coicidence of my getting a Kensington FM transmitter for my iPod (totally kick-ass, I was pleasantly surprised), but I don't think something like that could creep in and skunk the software without rendering the whole thing useless. We'll see. I reformatted the iPod and now I have to put all my music back on there. It's just a PITA, but I'm glad to have it working again.

Phew!

Dave

1 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Jeope said...

Dot E-X-E. The three most frustrating letters in all computer-land. Maybe it didn't like your taste!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home