Monday, August 08, 2005

March of the Penguins


What a great movie. I'm a sucker for almost any wild animal documentary. But it was beautifully shot and told. Morgan Freeman does an excellent job in the narration. It was just a fascinating story. How about that Leopard Seal, though? Wow! I never realized there were seals that big, much less that aggressive. Grabbed that 'guin like it was a chew toy.

We took the little ones to see it. 3 and almost a half is probably a little too young for this kind of movie, but they enjoyed what they did see. As long as I kept the popcorn coming, my nephew was happy!

But, if you haven't seen it yet, take a chance and go see it. It's only about 80 minutes long, so it won't take up too much of your time, and I think you'll be happily surprised.

Dave

3 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Jeope said...

Way better than anything I've seen this summer. Call me a nerd, but one of the greatest thrills I could ever have would be to actually be there to see that endless single-file line of walking penguins. Totally uplifting. Love Morgan Freeman's "Voice Of God" thing.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You'd be a shivering nerd, but a nerd!

Have you checked out the website? I guess sort of like on Galapagos, the Penguins aren't afraid of humans, at least judging by the photo if you click on the "The Production" link of the website, they apparently got quite close to the babies. I thought they probably just used big-ass lenses.

For the next big hit, we need to find out more about the life of the mysterious Okapi...

Dave

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

WTF? Grrr...is there anywhere spammers don't ooze into?

Dave

 

Post a Comment

<< Home