Friday, May 27, 2005

Odd, but entertaining mix

I happened to get two gifts from co-workers over the past few weeks. My company is huge enough that we can throw $25 certificates around to each other to show appreciation for handing each other a paper clip and that kind of thing (ok, it has to be for something more than that, but we can hand out as many as we like, but can only receive 4 per year).

So, I happened to get two in two weeks time. Mine were for Amazon.com. I ordered the new Harry Potter book (obviously still waiting on that), but then I also got Team America: World Police Uncut and Uncensored. I haven't watched the film yet, but today at lunch, I watched a couple of the extras about the making of the movie, and it was really interesting. They had to have a TON of patience to make that film. It will be interesting to see how it differs from what I saw in the theater.

But the other item was for my son. It's a book called Finklehopper Frog. It is really a delightful children's book. Written in a very bouncy (as you would expect a Frog book to be), well-paced and well-rhymed tale about Finklehopper getting a "jazzy" jogging suit and trying to jog. The illustration is outstanding and it's really juat and all-around great work. I highly recommend it if you have little ones or just can appreciate a well-done children's book.

Like I said, an odd, but entertaining mix, and I'm really looking forward to HP6!

Enjoy!

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home