Friday, April 29, 2005

Illustration Friday!

Well, I don't remember ever doing something like this, but it was fun. Joepe inspired me to give it a shot. I've got a way to go before I'm on his level, but you have to start somewhere, right?

For those familiar with them, you'll easily recognize that I created the whole thing with brushes from Keith Bowman, a few may have also been from AngryBlue, but I'm not positive.

So, the theme is Ambition. I haven't felt like I've had a lot lately and need the proverbial carrot to get me going. What do you think?

Dave

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

9 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Jeope said...

Having a busy day, Dave? ; )

Sweet. Those brushes are fine – I still haven't checked them out yet. Nice to see your name on the IlloFriday list, tho'. Fine work. All digital?

BTW: No Chicago for me, so you'll have to keep your noogie-fists at home. Too bad. The company screams thrift out one end and farts money out the other. At least they shower me with hardware/software.

Jeope "No-Kids" Wolfe

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger PaMdora said...

Love it, especially the billboard! I'm almost afraid to ask--what's the carrot hanging from?

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger steve said...

Ha ha ! That's funny ! Although for me it would be a slice o' pepperoni pizza and a dark chololate candy bar. But if carrots work for ya...

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Cin said...

nice, like textures and colors

 
At 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great illo...love the texture and underlying text
cheers,
kerry

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Anonymous said...

Agree the paint texture is great! The carrot could be hanging from a dream cloud?

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i really like this!

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger Braidwood said...

Very cool. I like the concept and the rustic look.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Joepe! How disappointing that you can't come to the conference! That's too bad, I was looking forward to meeting you in person. And I've been practicing my noogies on one of the accountants here...what a waste...;-)

---------

Thanks to everyone for the comments! After looking at some of the other work, I feel rather amateur, but it made my day seeing 8 comments here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home