Friday, July 01, 2005

Illustration Friday: Sport



Do I get thrown out of Illustration Friday for using a photograph mainly? Maybe I should start Design Friday? Anyway, I've always thought that surely God must enjoy a good fight because he built weapons and defenses into every animal. Really, he could have made us all docile plant eaters who don't overpopulate themselves if he wanted to. But no, he gave us earth dwellers claws, sharp teeth, horns, blazing speed, incredible strength, enormous size, camouflage, the ability to reproduce quickly, venom and brains or some combination of those. All to put up a good fight against one another to survive. I like the image because you don't know who won this...

Dave

5 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch!!! Glad I'm not that Zebra, as for not knowing who won, one thing is sure, that Zebra must have some pretty big scars on his backside! I hope I never have to fight against that lion, it would no longer be sport!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger S. Fizer said...

great concept!

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your idea! And I'd like to add that Design Friday is an awesome idea.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

If it were Painting Friday, you ight be in trouble... but an illustration... can be a metaphor, "stuff," a chart OR a drawing. I imagine the zebra and the lion had rather different ideas about whether this was sport or War.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Jeope said...

Twenty bucks on the zebra! Now come onnnnnnn, zebra!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home