Monday, August 22, 2005

Back from the edge

Back from vacation. Had a great time at Deep Creek Lake in Western Maryland, played "too much" golf, ate "too many" of Mrs. Dave's awesome chocolate chip cookies, took "too few" pictures because I forgot to bring my danged camera, stayed in a place that was awesome (you know it's pretty good if the 3 year-old gets to sleep in a queen-sized bed), watched the little man "drive" our boat (he was actually steering with a little guidance now and then) and came home "too early." Well, actually, it was OK that we were coming home, I just didn't feel like driving.

Our schedule was a little odd compared to most of our vacations, we went up to the lake on Monday afternoon and came back late Friday morning, so we really only spent 3 solid days there, even though the vacation was a week.

I only wish I could have relaxed more. I left a lot of stuff up in the air and/or in the care of other people when I left. With a new boss that I want to continue to impress, I guess I just anticipated the worst-case scenarios and my stomach and jaw let me know every once in a while that I was worried about it. Turns out I needn't have been, but what can I do? It was just unusual because with one exception, I have a great ability to forget about work while I'm on vacation. Golf helped, but I played so poorly it was embarassing.

But anyway, I'm still meaning to post the photos of the miniature trains we rode on a while ago and some others. Got to get scannin' again. (Curse me and my "film" camera and "forgetful nature" as I skip right over the checkbox for Photos to CD).

So that's me, how the hell are you doin'?

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home