Friday, September 09, 2005

Lookie where I'm headed!


This is where I'm going to be spending next Friday night (16th)! Not that I would normally stay at a place like this, much less be excited about it, but we are taking my son to the A Day Out with Thomas (the Tank Engine, for those of you without kiddies) at the Strasburg Railroad in Pennsylvania. He doesn't really know that he's going yet. We told him about it a while ago, but have learned better than to get him hyped up for something before the day of the event. He has trouble sleeping, etc. like any kid might. But it should be fun. I mean, can you think of anything more exciting than to spend the night in a caboose so you can see a real Thomas the Tank Engine if you were 3 years old? No way!

I hope to take some better photos than those on this site, I'll post them when we get back. I'm looking forward to it, just to see how he reacts to Thomas life sized, etc.

I really like Thomas the Tank Engine, too. I love the way the stories are told so that they teach some important lessons to the kids without using a sledgehammer to drive them home. They are subtle, but the kids still get the idea. Some shows are just so blatant about their message that they lose any sense of fun. I hope one day to write stories in that vein. Stay tuned, I'm hoping things turn out just ducky or something like that.

Dave

3 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Is there anything more offensive than blog spam?? Yes, but this is definitely near the bottom. I thought making it so no anonymous posts were allowed would help, but I guess not.

Leave my happy little blog alone!!

Dave

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, sweet, word verification! This will be the end of blog spam, right?? At least til they find a way around it...but til then, I turned the feature on, sorry for any inconvenience.

Dave

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger shannon said...

You have to let me know how this trip turns out. It would a great place for me to take my sister's kids!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home