Monday, March 21, 2005

Stumblin' along EighthAve

Oy, sorry so long since an update. I guess things just haven't been so exciting the past week and a half. At least at work. I'm bored out of my skull. I'm afraid it's time to move on soon. I was told I wasn't likely to get my old boss' job, so really I'm stuck where I am. I'm out of the loop on what seems everything, so when I get the gumption up to start looking harder (ie, getting my resume and portfolio together), I'm rollin'. Since there really isn't anywhere else to go from here that I'm interested in, I gotta move on.

Of course, I'm waiting for answers to a big question, whether I can go to a conference to decide how soon "soon" is. If I can go, I'll hang in for a while, but if not, "Hi, nice to meet you, I'm a team player..." The circumstance isn't all their fault, I need a leader unless I'm in charge of everything. I've used the analogy of "I'll be the lead dog on the sled team, but I still need a driver." Unless, as I said, I'm at the controls, and I'm definitely on the bottom rungs in a corporate structure with about 2000 rungs between me and my current boss' position.

Anyway, that's work. Over the weekend, we got to spend Saturday with my niece. She and my son spent nearly all of their first two years together in daycare, so they are great pals. If you look up the "Christmas in 5 parts," you can see a photo of her. For those who don't know, her mother died about a month and a half after she was born. She's had a rough couple of years on earth so far. But she was a delight as we went to get springy/Easter photos taken, went to lunch and played at the park and had dinner before she had to go back home. Little boy was exhausted afterward. Power-napped Sunday for about 4 hours! Too much fresh air, I guess. It was a really nice day compared to the past several weeks, everyone was out and about, shaking cabin fever.

So, that's for now. Hope to keep up better this week.

Dave

2 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Loren said...

I know what you mean. Things are really boring in my neck of the woods that I spent a lot of time talking about the weather. (even if it is unusually strange weather)

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Loren said...

Oh, I would say something about my work too. but there is not reason to get myself in trouble.

Sorry, to hear about the missed promotion

 

Post a Comment

<< Home