Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Savor the moment

I have definitely learned something about myself, and it is probably half the reason I got to the size I am. There is a candy out there called Hershey's Eggs that I absolutely love. These are not the ones that you unwrap the foil to get to the goodie, these are more like peanut M&Ms except they are a little bigger and don't have peanuts. (Not these, but THESE!) They are delish. Lately, I've only seen them in Targets. There are also Reese's Eggs which are the same thing, only with peanut butter inside instead of chocolate.

Anyway, since I'm trying to cut back on snacks between meals, resisting these treats has been difficult. When I bought the bag, I made a promise to myself to eat no more than three per day. I've done well to keep it. But that first day I felt the urge. The urge to eat half the bag at once. I ate the first one and realized I put it away so fast I didn't even really taste it. That's when I remembered that when I ate them before, I would have eaten 5 or 6 before the taste really hit me. So, now that I think about it, I take more time eating these, actually tasting it instead of just tossin' it down the hatch. Savoring is definitely the way to go, it's less filling and tastes great, so to speak.

I've also cut WAY back on Coca-Cola, too. I haven't completely stopped, but it's nowhere near the level it used to be. I used to have 2-3 a day, whereas now it's 2-3 a week, if that. I drink a lot more water now, and I hate diet sodas. blech.

Clothes are already fitting better than they have, so I'm heading in the right direction. Still have a ridiculous spare tire, but hope for steady reduction.

Dave

4 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger shannon said...

Dave-
I look forward to Easter every year, so I can taste just one Reese's Eggs! I love them! Good luck it sounds like you are on the right path!!

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Loren said...

reeses egg are the best. anyway, I will have to keep an eye out for hersheys eggs.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ok, so you guys have looked at and read my blog and commented on this and not how cute the little boy is? What's up with that??? ;-)

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home