Tuesday, March 01, 2005

What a great weekend, what a great woman!

I wish every weekend could be like this past one. I couldn't be happier that Mrs. Dave is in my life. Every once in a while she'll surprise me just to keep me off-balance and it's wonderful. I won't go into the details here to protect the devilishly innocent, but dare I say there are many men across america that would also love to have Mrs. Dave as their wife. But it's all about trust, and we have tons.

But I can tell you that the evening started out at The Wine Market. Great place, not much of a website, but a great restaurant. We went with some good friends of ours for a Grown-up Night Out (they have boy-girl twins). We each had a flight of somethin'-er-other. Basically, it's a 3 oz sample of 3 different wines. These happened to be fruitful Spanish wines that were fantastic. I had a regular glass of one of them and a nice buzz.

I was a little concerned as I ordered the "Airline Chicken" but I needn't have been, it was great. Served on a bed of bacon mashed potatoes, mmmmmmm. I also got some of the best damn Macaroni and Cheese I've ever had. It used aged cheddar that was just perfect. I could have eaten a meal of just that. We also had a dessert of chocolate mousse on a heath bar base thing. I forget what it was called, but it was perfect.

One unusual thing about the place was that they had human size portions! After we were done with dinner, we actually had room for dessert! Which is a good thing! And the dessert was light, but wonderful. Just can't say enough about the place. If you're in Baltimore, it's worth a visit. There are other great restaurants, too, but this one probably won't be on the radar much for tourists/visitors. It's in a renovated warehouse and has exposed brick, air ducts, rafters, etc., pretty cool. When you first walk in it looks like you're just in a small liquor store, but when you go to the archway in back, that's where the restaurant is.

If you go sometime, let me know what you think. Til then, Enjoy!

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home