Friday, February 03, 2006

Potpourri

Just like the category in Jeopardy! and smelling just the opposite of that stuff women keep in jars and in cloth bags, here's a bunch of photos taken recently. Most are from my trip to Savannah Georgia for my company's National Sales Meeting, but not all. (Click on an image to see a larger version)

1. Here are a few blurs that turned out to be very interesting, at least to me.

This one is just neat in how tight the blur is. Almost like a bunch of bows were tied together in a line.




I love the streamer/party feel of this one. But if you look closely, you'll see all these arrows pointing the same direction. There are actually just two of them, pointing to the lanes you can use at the time to go through the tunnel.




This one reminds me of the Washington DC subway map.




Lastly, this one is way cool. It's just a photo of my stereo display in my car, but it's very ghostlike in a way.





On to Savannah...

Just to prove I flew there, in case you needed it...from my usual seat...




I think it was foggy throughout the southern US the day I went down to Savannah, and the day after. Here is a shot of the Savannah River.




And a little further down the shore...




This was taken from the dock in front of the hotel.




Here is one of the ferries that take people from the convention center to downtown. I was playing with the sepia tone setting on my camera, turned out kinda cool.




Again with the sepia setting, one of the many palm trees in the courtyard/garden of the hotel.




Here's a shot of the hotel itself. I stayed in room second floor from the top, on the left side, the first room between the rooms with balconies. (I was jealous).




Here was the view from that room.




I accidentally forgot one particular medicine I needed, so I had occasion to drive through Savannah. It's beautiful, too bad I couldn't capture more or better pictures than these:

Here are the famous trees that make a beautiful canopy over the streets of Savannah, while I know I saw it, I don't remember the name of this breed of trees. All I know is that they are creepy and beautiful at the same time.




Now this image is oriented the way it was taken, which was by holding the steering wheel of the car with my left hand and holding the camera in my right, pointing the camera out the window from under my left arm to try to capture the top of the church. I could put it the normal way, but this way is more fun.




The next day turned out to be much nicer, however windier:



That morning I took the ferry across to get some souveniers for the boy. This photo really doesn't do justice to how neat this bridge is. I forgot to take my camera when I played golf, there would have been some great shots of the bridge from there. The way the wires criss-cross is mesmerizing.




Here is the deck of the ferry as we made our way across.




And last, the inside of the ferry, very cool considering.



So, that oughta make you happy for a few minutes...;-)

Thanks for all the guesses on the news coming in March. You are all very, very close.

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home