Monday, December 05, 2005

The Long Drive Home

Big ups to my virtual pal Jeope Wolfe for inpiring this with his Ghosts photography. These aren't ghosts, but using extended exposure time on my camera got these results. They're just so stinkin' cool, I just had to share. Last Friday night was a looooooooooooong ride home from work. There was an accident in or near one of the tunnels I take to go home and it had traffic everywhere snarled. So, whilst biding my time in traffic, I pulled out the camera to see what would happen if... and I tried a couple of different settings. These were just far out...

Click on the images to see at a decent size...

This is one taken of a sign that crosses the highway warning of the accident more than 15 miles ahead. I think the streaks are flashing lights, but it's wild. This is 100% untouched in Photoshop except to resize to fit on screen.


This image is of the truck in front of me, but I put the base of the camera on the left side of the steering wheel (9 o'clock position) and while it was exposing, moved it around the steering wheel to the 3 o'clock position. It turned out really neat. Again, no photoshop adjustments except for size...


Dave

1 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger Mary said...

That first one is really cool. It reminds me of some sort of explosion or something. I like putting a long shutter on traffic and getting a nice little glowing tail and ghost-car effect from the headlights...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home