Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Ti-iii-iime ain't on my side

no it ain't,
for the Howiezine

So much for making a big splash with my first Howiezine! I had a cool idea for doing one where a guy is on a golf course looking for his ball, which is in the foreground in a very unusual spot (in a tree, impaled on a deer's antlers, something like that) and the text was "I lost me" then read on the ball, the logo for the Nike "Mojo" line of golf balls. No idea what I'd do for found with that concept, but I liked that one. Well, I frittered time away to the point where I couldn't finish that concept in time for the deadline. So I panicked a bit. So, I figured, why not use that emotion for the page? So that's what I went with because I didn't have anything else. The first page is supposed to be a classified ad or poster roughly cut from the paper or taped to a lightpole. The second is the panic button I found and pushed and if you look closely, punched, repeatedly to no effect. What worse, it didn't print out nearly as well as this image would have you believe. But, in a way that makes the concept work that much better!...uh...right?

All I can say is that Superheroes will be better. I promise!!!

Dave

Click on an image to enlarge:


2 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger Jeope said...

I like that it was hit repeatedly. That's a funny concept. Don't know if you're a fan, but it reminds me of the Ren & Stimpy episode where they were space explorers and the narrator was taunting Stimpy to hit the shiny, candy-like red button ... meh, it's hard to explain. But it was funny, trust me. And so is this. Noice!

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Jeope said...

PS: You oughta do a page for jeff_bob's Design Inspiration. That site needs a pick-me-up. I strongly recommend it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home