Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Cargo

from New Jersey to somewhere. When I drive down 95 to work, I've noticed a lot of cars from New Jersey on the road. Don't know where they're going, but it just seems odd to see so many when the shortest drive to that point is about an hour. I guess they are heading to DC, but still, that's a really long trip to make every day.

Anyway, that was my clumsy intro to the fact that I saw "Garden State" over the weekend. I guess it was fine if you like watching Zach Braff stare a lot and Natalie Portman giggle (Ok, that wasn't so bad). It had moments where it was funny, but mainly was about as numbed as Zach's character was in the movie. Can I get an amen for a Scrubs movie???!!!!

Also on the downside of movies, one of the local video chains (read: has that back room) must have bitten the no-late-fee dust kicked up by Netflix and Blockbuster. I swung by to pick up some 18 and over entertainment and the place was empty. Surely it hadn't been all that long since I was there last, and there was no indication that they were closing. Damn, only sleazy places to get fun stuff now! ;-) Maybe I can start Netflixxx!

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home