Monday, January 24, 2005

A second slice of Heaven

Here's another pic from our trip:

I can't really tell you much about this particular train, I just thought this was an interesting angle from which to shoot it. The white face of the boiler and the white wall make it look as if it's outside, but it's not. It's in the roundhouse. I wish I had brought my unipod with me to make things a little sharper, not that this is bad after a minute or two in Photoshop.


Here's the stagecoach. It was strange seeing this, because I'm so used to seeing them in westerns and such where it is pulled by a horse on dirt roads. Sometimes coaches like this were pulled by horses on the rails. It was also interesting that they put the seating on the roof of these coaches, part of the reason the funnels were so tall compared to the trains. I guess it was a strictly summertime pleasure, though.


Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home