Monday, January 31, 2005

Moddy! Dammy!

While he may not look like me, I'm more and more convinced that I am the actual father of my son (not that there is much doubt, but he doesn't hardly look like me at all). Mainly because of his recent muddled thinking. Lately, he seems to be thinking he wants to say Mommy all the time, until he realizes he is talking to me and changes midway. So I get "Moddy" all the time. When he realizes he messed up, he'll correct himself, but not by calling me Daddy, but by calling me Dave. His mom gets the opposite "Dammy" sometimes, but not as much as I get Moddy. He refers to me as Dave quite often, even though we try to correct him. But only recently has he started calling Mrs. Dave "Heather" instead of Mommy. Now she knows how it feels!!

Well, we know it's just something kids go through as they are learning to talk and express themselves more, it's just funny.

Otherwise, we had enough of the right kind of snow to make a 3 1/2 foot tall snowman Sunday. It was little boy's first. His grandmother (my mom) got him a snowman kit for Christmas, and this was our first chance to use it. It has wooden buttons, mouth, pipe, nose, eyes and a felt scarf, hat and mittens. Little boy was very excited and babbled on and on to Frosty. "Hi Frosty, how ya doin'?" I hope to have photos sometime in the next couple of weeks. They were the first ones on the roll, so I have a little ways to go yet.

Anyway, what's with all the snow falling on weekends here this year? I'll never get a day off before Memorial Day at this rate! ;-)

Dave

2 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger devon spec said...

haha! i think i called my dad "rick" once,and got slapped!!!

please post pics of your snowman! sounds veddy veddy cute.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger deb said...

hahaha, my husband said the same thing about snow on the weekends...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home