Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Decisions, decisions

Man, what to do? what to do? Gigantic Enormous is a good place in which to be an employee. But I didn't start here, I started at fun little company (compared to Gigantic Enormous) which was eaten by Gigantic Enormous. So, now things go the way Gigantic Enormous says.

People from happy little company are dropping like flies or being asked to move far away. I'm afraid that's going to happen to me before long, because I'm the only one that does what I do here. One telling thing is that many of the leaders of fun little company have made their way to the exits already.

So, here's Dave, no real boss that talks to me more than once a quarter or so, leaving everyone else to think they are my boss. It's good because the boss isn't a micromanager. Bad, because sometimes you really need guidance and someone to get the other "bosses" off of my butt. Right now it looks as if my old boss' (who I worked closely with) position won't be filled by anyone, so I linger in a lonely limbo. It's kinda boring in limbo. Fun projects are scarce (unlike fun little company). And I need fun.

Just, do I hang in there with Gigantic Enormous and when things get better, they'll get a LOT better, or jump into the great unknown? Could be fun, could be painful...I dunno. Just don't like the stall I'm in, and worse, I'm starting not to care. Ice cream company sounds like a possibility, but football team, that would be the thing. Oh yes, definitely the 'it' thing for me...

Dave the chronic cryptic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home