Tuesday, August 29, 2006

avoid direct exposure

This was interesting. One day when I was at work, the overhead lights were off and it was relatively dark. I had a laser pointer and some Coca-Cola bottlecaps on my desk and shone the pointer in one, and thought it was cool how the whole thing lit up. I still have other ideas on what I could do with this theory, but I need more bottlecaps. Anyway, this turned out kinda kewl. All I did was shine the laser pointer from under inverted cap. The wild thing is the graininess. If you've ever looked at the spot from a laser pointer, you see the red, but there's all this movement, like some kind of powerful fusion is happening on a small scale. There are thousands of tiny bursts of light. I don't know if it's the power of the laser or just the nature of it, but the same characteristics go through the plastic in the cap and reflect on sides. That's what's making the graininess more than the low light, though that does play a role, I'm sure.

And yes, that's my finger there on the left side.

Dave

1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Jeope said...

Looks like those microscopic pictures you see of blood cells or sumthin' ... or sumthin' the Hubble telescope would see. Weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home