Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Go! Go! Gadget Camera!

Had some fun with my digital camera this weekend. We went to Baltimore's Inner Harbor for the pre-Preakness celebration. There were hot air balloons and fireworks, etc. We took the kids down to see the balloons mainly and had a great time. There was a prom on one of the cruise boats, so there were a bunch of city kids in their tuxs and gowns. One thing I found strange was that many of the girls had flip-flops on. They looked new, but not like anything special, just flip-flops. But to each his/her own.

Anyway, here are a few photos from that trip. I learned some things I hadn't realized about my camera. I found that the slow flash feature works really well for exposure, but you really, really need a tripod to do it right. Plus, I also got to use the fireworks setting for what it was intended.

Here we go...

Ok, this isn't from that night, but it's cool. It's my boy playing Superman on a swing.


Ok, now on to the harbor

You will see in some photos people wearing pink bunny ears. Here's why:


It's cool in the twilight to see the balloons fire


One really cool thing they had down there was a balloon laying on its side, so you could walk into it. Big fans kept it inflated as much as it was.






And here is a little more abstract shot, but still in the balloon.


Here are a couple of shots of another balloon taken when it was getting darker. This one was fun from a photographic point of view.




Yours Truly


Then in another area a few other balloons were attempting to join in, but only one was successful because it was so windy.




Then there were the fireworks using the fireworks setting on the camera. Nice, but I wish I had the tripod.
















Have fun!

Dave

2 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Mrs. Maria said...

Haha I love those Energizer bunny ears...

" Dave, he keeps going and going and going " LOL :-P I'm terrible!!! Go make your wife happy! :)

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Jeope said...

Love the Superman pose.

Maria, you crazy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home