Friday, April 07, 2006

Feelin' Blue

Well, only sorta. Our OB does ultrasounds in his office at almost every appointment. He has a machine that he says "is long since paid for" and doesn't charge for it. He does it mainly to just make sure everything is going as it should and the baby is the right size compared to the due date, etc. Well, last appt. he took a look and asked my son what he thought it was going to be. My son wants a brother. So, the doctor moved the sensor around and such and though it was fuzzy, it's looking like it's a little boy! The doctor said he couldn't say with 100% certainty, but based on his experience, that's where he would put his money.

I'm just thrilled that it's healthy and progressing normally. But I'd be lying if I were to say I'm not a little disappointed it's not a girl. This is, in all likelihood, the last child I'll father, and I just wanted it to be a girl so I had one of each. Another reason is because I've always wanted a daughter named Cora. I've just loved that name since I knew a girl in college named that. It wouldn't be naming the baby after her, I just really liked the name a lot. So please don't think I'm not excited that it's a boy, it's fantastic! I just realized that I'll probably never have Cora, and that made me just a little sad.

But don't go buggin' me for the boy's name! I'm not tellin' til he's here.

Dave

1 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger Jeope said...

How about "Joey Cora"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home