Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I believe that it's my tushy

I sometimes have a knack for coming up with weird lyrics for incredibly short and often-associated-with-bodily-functions songs. Since my last post was such a downer, I thought I'd share this just to show I'm not going to be standing on the ledge of any building anytime soon.

Here's something I came up with while changing my daughter recently, it has a bouncy, yet down-home feel:

When my diaper is warm and mushy
it's time to put cream on my tushy!

Of course, I'm singing this in my daughter's stead. ;-)

However, other little ears in the house have picked up on this little ditty. So now I frequently hear from my son in a remarkably dead-on impression:

When my diaper is so squishy
I believe that it's my tushy!

His just has such a different, yet hilarious meaning.

Alright, here's another one - unrelated to the above, please don't turn me in to the authorities, it's all very innocent, though I could see why you wouldn't think so, little kids just have cute tushies!:

My pants are falling down,
My pants are falling down,
Oh, no! my shorts are low,
My pants are falling down!

-----------------

Can I tell you how proud I am of how Mrs. Dave and I are raising our son? Yesterday, we invited Dave Jr.'s cousin who is the same age over to spend the day. At one point during lunch my son was just being himself and talking while more or less free-associating ideas. It amuses him greatly. Well, my sister is less encouraging when it comes to imagination. Things were meant to be played with like this - you don't want to take too many pictures with that kiddie camera, you'll run the batteries out - don't pretend that toy car is crashing into a volcano even though it's tons of fun- etc. Whereas our son will just blow you away with the stuff he comes up with while playing with what's available. - Anyway, during lunch, his cousin said "Dave Jr., why do you say so many silly things?" I was floored. We really are letting him be as creative as he wants to/can be. Yay!


Alright, gotta go!

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home