Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Ain't she sweet?

So, last week, I'm in high anticipation of getting home. My copy of Jeff Fisher's book, "The Savvy Designer's Guide to Success" had arrived! At least according to the UPS tracker website. So I get home and Mrs. Dave brought the packages inside. At first I thought it was strange that they sent the books in separate packages, especially since I did the "ship all together" option to get free shipping. "Whatever, as long as it's here!" I thought. I look at one and it's from B&N. And I look at the other, and it is not, it's from my friend Alina! So, I'm thinking "What the...?" It was a large, flat package, so I start to open it. As I'm opening it, I'm thinking, "No WAY!" She sent me a copy of the book she designed, Creating The Cauldron Salt Lake 2002 Winter Olympic Games. What a great surprise!!! I'd been bugging her to eventually get a copy, but was only being facetious. I never really expected one! But there it was. It's fabulous. Like many designers, she'll be the first to point out the problems, but she's being modest. It's wonderful, and she should be proud of her work. It was just such a nice thought and as I said, completely unexpected. What great work, and what a great lady! Have I mentioned her other works?

It only took her 20-some years to get her to that point, and she's still a work in progress, but WOW! She's got a nice touch! hehehehehe


Oh, I did also get Jeff's book and rifled through it, looking for where I was mentioned in it. I never thought my name would be associated with fashion in any sense of the word, but there I am on page 103. At first, I didn't remember making the comment, but eventually it came to me. I'm not sure if I'm elsewhere in the book or not, but that was the first place, and that's plenty for me! Thanks Jeff!!

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home