Monday, December 20, 2004

Polar Express

Someone left the door to Canada open! Man, is it cold here today! When I woke up, the temperature was about 8°F with a wind chill of about -10 to -15 That is seriously freezing! So of course I wake up at about 4:30 am with no blanket, no sheet and my shirt pulled up to my armpits. I probably don't need to tell you how obvious it was I was COLD! Major shrinkage! I'm sure my friends in the Great White North chuckle at this, but it's not quite what we're used to around here. Baltimore freaks out at just a few inches of snow. As I carried the boy out to the car to go to daycare, he looked into the wind and said "Ow!Ow!Ow!" as -10 hit him square in the kisser. This was after I bundled him up like Ralphie's brother in "A Christmas Story."

But depending on your point of view, things are looking up. They say it's is supposed to be up near 60° F sometime later this week. But, this does help it feel a little more like Christmastime. I guess it also helped that I was out Christmas shopping when the storm started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home